Thursday, June 26, 2008

LOVE is all that matters

Good day to you!
So, it's time for an update again...!!! Nothing much happenin' around here, but after the past few hectic years I am fine with that. I would never sing a song about my life being boring, because thrill and excitement never happens the way you want it to anyway, so...
I did become the owner of a "new" car in the mean time, and I am very happy about that. Coincidentally I read an article about scrapping the relationship with your car in Creating Keepsakes, from some very cute, refreshing and unexpected angles, so I am waiting fot the pics of my cars to be delivered to scrap away!!!
I already thought up the story about my old car, I really had a hard time letting it go. That little car has always been good to me. I think it just broke down once, in 5 years! But it was getting too rusty, and hubby had already patched it up several times. He believed it was going to be hard to get it approved again next time. So, I decided to try and sell it while I still could get some money for it instead of it just costing me money...So far, no good. It has been on this sale-site for almost one week now, but to this day we still have had no calls. =( For now it means I own 2 cars, which is nothing compared to hubby, since he owns 3 cars. Of which he is not intending to sell any...Ah well, they hardly cost anything, so let him play and have his way, I say. ;)
I finished 3 LO's from the Scrap-a-Ganza, the first one was from Teresa Collins' class. I wanted to state something with the text which was: Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself. The pics had to black and white so I didn't have that much choice. But I decided to go with a (beautiful!!!) pic of my mom when she was younger, like 15 or 18 (dunno exactly, but I can't ask her anymore...) (she was stunning though...) and pics of her family. Meaning, the life she created for herself, and the person she wanted to be. A wife, a mom of 2 kids, a dog-owner even. Love is all that matters in the end, I guess. The picture all the way up, above my text, is ofcourse the one of my mom, so intens, looking so mature and wise beyond her years. Here are the pics of the LO, starting with the left side of the page, followed by the right side of the page, and a little close-up:

Further more I finished another S-a-G LO, I added some adorable pics of my brother playing with my dad's doggies on that one. (And sometimes I am really proud of my photography skills!!! ) On the pic at the bottom of the page he has a chippie in his mouth, and that particular dog is crazy about food so she etas from his mouth, eventhough she's scared of my brother! I made the title into something funny, Alex is doing it doggie style. Here it is:

Last but not least I finished the LO from Vicky Boutin's S-a-G class. I loved the foiling technique she taught us very much. Did some doodling on it but I hated the result, so instead I foiled all the edges of the papers. (I hate it when you do something and wreck your page!!! Thank God scrapping is about embellishments, there's always something lying around to cover up your screw-ups, teehee...) I went overboard with the foiling and did some doodle-foiling which was hideous as well. So, underneath the 4-layer-flower, there's a mess... ;) (I can't say it enough: Thank God for embellishments!!!)

Since the LO was fun, fresh, sparkly, and love-themed, I added pics of my father-in-law frolicing around with his grandkids. The grandkids he didn't even know until recently, of the daughter he didn't even get to see again until recently. After more than 20 years!!! Seeing him so happy and carefree, thoroughly enjoying the role of being a granddad, makes my heart smile. Especially knowing the story behind all of this...Here it is:


Well, for now, that's all folks!!! I am going to go and enjoy my day-off some more. ;) I am still in my PJ's, I may continue on my scrap-project today. Working on acrylic plates for the first time, that's fun for a change! Hoping I will get rid of my cold soon, as I have a busy weekend ahead. With 2 birthdays and a family-day from hubby's side of the family. Already bought pressies for the birthdays, we have a new store in town where you just buy anything and everything and it all costs nothing! They even have some cute scrapping-supplies!

Hope you have a nice, creative, loving and sunny weekend!!! Till next time!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those b&w lo's are superb!
good luck with your new
car!