Sunday, November 8, 2015

"Cute" Mixed media layout

Hi all,

It's time for another update already. This next layout was a simpler one for me.
I had a small and normal sized picture of Connor wearing a brown and blue striped hat, really showing off the intense blue eye colour he used to have back then. 
The paper I wanted to use was light and dark blue. So I started by colouring the bottom piece brown. With a Lindy's Stamp Gang ink spray and a regular ink cubicle.

First I figured out where I wanted my pictures, then I stenciled the feathers with a brownish Inka Gold. I've said it many times, I know, but I looooove my Inka Golds. They're pleasant to work with, nice and creamy, and the result is always sharp and shiny.



So this is what my page looks like after stenciling the feathers.


After the stenciling I decided to add a little stamping in brown and blue, with some brick and wood like patterns.

Then it was embellishing time! A few ribbons here and there, a few words I sprayed with London Blue Dylusions Ink. Some felt circles, real feathers and other small knick knacks. An owl I secretly wrecked because I wasn't patient enough. (Do not speed up crackle paint by drying it with your heatgun. It will only bubble, not crack. Also don't spray it with spray ink before it's dry. You'll have no control over the end result. Which is why I hid most of my owl with feathers, LOL.)


Here's a small close up that'll hopefully show you how well the Inka Gold feathers turned out.


Let me know what you think! Questions and comments are always welcome!
Happy scrapping!

8 comments:

Julie O'Brien said...

Love the Inka Gold. I've had some for a while but haven't used it yet. Great idea!

Julie O'Brien said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

It works sooo great with stencils Julie! It doesn't go under the edges. It stands firm and voluptuous. And the colours are amazing. So rich. You can't make any mistakes!

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

It works sooo great with stencils Julie! It doesn't go under the edges. It stands firm and voluptuous. And the colours are amazing. So rich. You can't make any mistakes!

Dapoppins said...

Outstanding layout! I love it. But what did you use for stenciling the inka gold and have you had any trouble with them drying out and getting hard?

Dapoppins said...

Outstanding layout! I love it. But what did you use for stenciling the inka gold and have you had any trouble with them drying out and getting hard?

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Thank you. What do you mean exactly? I only used the Inka Gold. Nothing underneath or so. And I apply it with a spatula or bank card.
Recently I have had some hardened too. I put a baby wipe in the jar with it but I can't tell you the outcome yet.

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Thank you. What do you mean exactly? I only used the Inka Gold. Nothing underneath or so. And I apply it with a spatula or bank card.
Recently I have had some hardened too. I put a baby wipe in the jar with it but I can't tell you the outcome yet.