Saturday, October 15, 2016

Words & Paintery October challenge mixed media canvas


Hi all!
Enjoying fall, or maybe spring? It's getting colder here, time to put on our jeans again, so the color scheme of this month's 'Words & Paintery' challenge is perfect! 
You can find the October challenge here. If you're as inspired by these colors as I was, please join us. 
You have until November 15.


Recently I dragged Connor along, to a whole bunch of treetrunks near a farm I pass on my way to work. We did a photo shoot with him posing a little and playing a lot. Before taking pictures I already envisioned Connor in front of the tree circles, continuing those circles with the wood discs my father cut for me. 

I started out with this gorgeous sheet of #Kaisercraft paper from their 'Old Mac' collection, called 'Rusty'. Using #gelmedium I adhered it to a 12 by 12 inch canvas.

 
Using a stencil with branches and modeling paste and the top section of an old pair of jeans from Connor, I created my background. 
I cut out pieces of the pair of jeans and covered the sides of my Canvas with them. 

 
I sprayed the branches and made some drips using #Prima #colorbloomspray "Deep Teal". This spray is very opaque.

Using black ink I stamped some text following the lines of my background. 
I arranged the wood discs, both natural and smaller blue ones, behind my picture. 
I added some bits of cross-patterned #woodboard too.
Behind the picture I used some circle-shaped wire.
Added some metal embellishments, wood texts and wrapped some bits of string around my picture, with a touch of jeans here and there.
Treated the wood texts with #structure paint in #cementlook, then decided they needed more #rust. I used #vivadecor #Rusty Paper and #finnabair #rustpaste throughout my entire layout to rust things.
For a finishing touch I used #7dots text stickers, #13Arts blue mica flakes and silver microballs.

Hope you like it! Questions and comments are always welcome! 
Don't forget to play along!
Happy scrapping!












No comments: