Monday, August 15, 2016

Words & Paintery August Challenge Mixed Media Layout "Love & Peace"


Hi everyone,
I'm back to show you my second layout as designteam member of the 'Words & Paintery' challenge blog. Their August challenge just went live! 
Please check out the link to the blog: 
You have until September 15 to play along with us, by using the moodboard below.

4

Starting out with this piece of beautifil paper from #Primamarketing, 'Perfecto' from the Cigar Box Secrets line, and this lovely vintage slide-turned-photo with my young mom on it. She was in her teens, so it was the sixties: Peace, Love. The picture was taken during their summer holiday: flip flops.


Using #modelingpaste and #TatteredAngels #glimmermist 'Rusty Red' and #Lindysstampgang' Starburst purple, I used a #Primamarketing #Finnabair #doilie #stencil on my paper. Usually I blend my modeling paste a little before applying it with a mist, then spray something on it once I'm done too.


Stamped some images of my recently puirchased #Prima #Finnabair background stamp set, with #Tim Holtz #distress ink 'mahogany'.


Glued #lace to the #MDF circle, and gave it a coat of white #gesso.


Sprayed the circle with #Tatteredangels #glimmermist 'Red Lobster' and 'Rusty Red'. On the left side of the paper I stenciled a bit of text with a #13Arts #stencil, modeling paste and purple mist. Sadly my mixture bled through the stencil. Hopelessly. Forcing me to stray from my initial design idea. Once again. I had to cover that left section up, so I chose to use a smaller picture on that side.
I added red and purple #flowers, red #crochet flowers my aunt made for me, a little 'Peace' charm, and the wood word LOVE.


Once everything was in place I dabbed everything with white gesso, softening the colors. Added a few purple glitter #swirls and #chipboard hearts too. 
And messed up the part above the circle by spraying a little too much Glimmermist. Sigh...


Gave the word 'LOVE' a bit of glimmer with glimmermist 'Red Lobster' and added a #onestepcrackle medium. Gotta love #crackle.




Hope you like it anyway. The color scheme was extremely difficult for me! It would be great if you would join us and show us your interpretation!

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

3 comments:

Mylissa Stout said...

Mandy...so glad I found you today...Through my Canvas Corp emails....Your work is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!! LoVe, LOVE, lOvE it...and REMEMBER...there are NO MISTAKES...only in our minds...YOUR CREATIONS AMAZE ME...I KNOW I already said that! LOL!

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Hi Mylissa (what a wonderful name by the way!)
Thank you for your sweet, enthusiastic words!
You made my day!
Take care and come find me on Facebook too if you like: www.facebook.com/lessisbore

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Hi Mylissa (what a wonderful name by the way!)
Thank you for your sweet, enthusiastic words!
You made my day!
Take care and come find me on Facebook too if you like: www.facebook.com/lessisbore